Why this could be your year to take a first step to building your own legal practice
Whether your New Year’s resolutions have survived the first few weeks of 2023 or not, there is still plenty of time to reflect on your career goals and consider alternative options open to you to achieve them.
Money is often a driver for seeking change, but more and more people see greater flexibility and autonomy in their day-to-day work as increasingly primary reasons to take stock and pursue a different path.
The saying that ‘work is something you do, not somewhere you go’ has never been more true, and at Setfords, which has been liberating lawyers from the traditional law firm model for more than a decade, that is a mantra we have embraced.
So, if you are teetering on the edge of making a real, positive change in your legal career, why not consider these five reasons for becoming a Setfords Consultant:
- Setfords was first… Long before the Pandemic shifted the way we work, Setfords was already leading a workstyle revolution in the legal industry. Flexibility is at the heart of becoming a Setfords Consultant, meaning you are in complete control of your working week, choosing when and where you work. You get to be at your optimum best for your clients, while also achieving a work-life balance for you, your family and your own personal wellbeing.
- Speaking of wellbeing… Setfords was the first legal firm to create a Wellbeing Team, led by our dedicated Wellbeing Director Marissa Ayres. As well as more intensive support through the early stages of your consultant journey, the Wellbeing Team is your touch point for ongoing help, when you need it. With regular events, webinars and connectivity with other Setfords Consultants, the Team will make sure you take a moment to pause and celebrate your success milestones as you build your own thriving practice.
- Thrive with Setfords… we are a platform-law firm, which means your time is liberated to focus on your clients. Our platform keeps you connected to back office support, administration, financial management and reporting, and support with ongoing compliance requirements and other key tasks. In addition, to add energy to your own business growth activities, our dedicated Marketing and Business Development Team generates well in excess of £10 million of new business leads for our consultants every year.
- Earn your worth… As a Setfords Consultant you are in complete control of your personal income potential. If you feel the traditional law firm salary package and career development path does not match what you believe you are worth, becoming a consultant lawyer is a very real option. We offer attractive share of fees, with no additional costs added on – unlike other competitors in the marketplace.
- Step forward with Setfords… Every journey starts with that first step, and 2023 really can be your year for change – even in these uncertain times. Our support package means Setfords has your back, allowing you to lead from the front and make the dream of building your own legal practice a reality.
Is consultancy for me?
If you want to find out more about becoming a consultant with us, get in touch. We are happy to conduct interviews remotely for suitable, UK-qualified candidates with five or more years’ experience. If you’re a good fit, you’ll be joining a team that was created for lawyers to do their best work.
The next step towards a better way of working…